Thursday, October 30, 2008

One Out of One Dies




My dad used to say there are only two things you can be sure of....Death and Taxes. Well he proved half his theory in 1979, and I miss him, but I am not sure about the other half. After watching all the news concerning Corporate America and Wall Street I think some folks do avoid taxes.

I have been teaching in College classrooms since 1989. In one of my classes I referred to a Taca Airliner that went down in New Orleans in 1988, when I was a student there in Graduate School. The airliner lost all power. On the way down a minister stood up and shared Christ with the passengers. Many of them accepted Christ thinking they would be standing before Him in just a few minutes. One girl in the back of my class raised her hand and said, "Yes but if we knew we were going to die we would all make a decision concerning God." I paused for a moment and gave her brain time to catch up with her mouth and then in a few seconds she exclaimed Ohhhhhhh!!! That's right, she understood that one out of one die eventually. I read another statistic this week. It said 95% of those who claim to be Christians never lead anyone to Christ. Could that possibly be true?


Now go back and look at the first picture again. The airliner glided to a safe landing beside a Levee. If you look in the lower left hand corner of the picture you will see the 737. Test pilots flew the plane out a few days later. I wonder if there is anyone you need to talk to about this alarming statistic....One out of One Die. Happy Landings

No comments:

Post a Comment