Monday, November 17, 2008

You Never Know What the Next Tide Brings In

The Title of todays devotion is a line from the movie Cast Away starring Tom Hanks. In that movie he is stranded on an island. Each day he goes to the beach and collects things that have washed up overnight. He uses the materials to build a raft. When he found the final piece he needed he said " You never know what the next tide brings in." That is so true. Each day we never know what will happen, good or bad. This weekend I received a call from a friend of mine telling me one of his employees, only 38 years old with a wife and four small children, had been killed in an accident.
As I look at this picture it so peaceful, quiet, and calm, but who knows what the day holds for any of us. As you begin this week take the time to read the 23rd Psalm. It is good to know the Lord is MY Shepherd. He is watching over me to protect, provide, and guide me in the way I should go. Claim that promise today and when the week gets a little hectic come back and look at this picture again and know that the God of Peace is watching over you.

1 comment: