Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Someone's Knocking at the Door


When I was growing up, door to door salesman were a common occurrence. When they came to the door we sounded "Condition Red" and went into action. TV was turned down, lights turned off, and everyone remained still as if no one was home. I am sure the sales people were used to this pattern and even though they knew someone was there they also knew no one was coming to the door. In the Book of Revelation 3:12 we read these words "Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him, and will dine with him, and he with me."
In the same manner many people ignore Christ's desire to come into their lives. They pretend He is not there. They ignore the knocking at their heart, but unlike the salesman Jesus does not go away. He knows we are there and will continue to knock the rest of our life. He is persistent because He loves us. Christ also knows if we do not answer a terrible fate awaits us. Eternity separated from Him in a place the Bible calls hell. There is a message here for all of us. If you are not a Christian the message is to open your heart and invite Christ in. If you are a Christian the message is that maybe we are not persistent enough in sharing our faith. We give up too soon or don't even try at all to tell others about Christ. I read a statistic recently that 95% of Christians never lead another person to Christ their whole life. Can that possibly be true? In order to answer that question I suppose we all have to ask ourselves ...am I in that 95%?

No comments:

Post a Comment