Monday, April 20, 2009

Don't Look Back


Philippians 3:13-14 (New American Standard Bible)
13Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,
14I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Sunday I preached a message at our church, Anchor Baptist Church, about looking ahead with an attitude of gratitude. The Apostle Paul states in this passage that his focus is on the day ahead and not the one that just ended. My 3 points Sunday were
1. It is not what we have lost but what we still have that is important.
2. It is not where we have been but where we are going that is important.
3. It is not what we have dine but what we are going to do that is important.
We can not have a brand new start but we can start over right now and make a brand new ending.
I asked our congregation to view a video I found about a young man named Patrick Henry Hughes. I want to share that video with you at the beginning of this week to encourage you and remind us all we are truly Blessed. Have a great week and remember.....Don't Look Back

1 comment:

  1. Jeff, I want you to know that this and all of the devotions are inspiring and inspirational. I try not to miss one. Sometimes I think you don't get the feed back that you deserve. I just wanted to let you know that someone out here is enjoying and reading everyday.

    ReplyDelete