Thursday, April 16, 2009

Prerequisites for Heaven


Psalm 123:1 To You I lift up my eyes, O You who are enthroned in the heavens!

I am hearing more and more about Churches and movements that require many prerequisites to join. You must take so many classes, attend a certain number of Sundays, give a certain amount to the Church, behave in a certain way that does not violate the Churches code of conduct. If that is what Churches want to require for Church membership more power to them. I am glad that the Kingdom of God does not take this legalistic, judgemental, self-righteous approach for acceptance. What does God require?

Romans 10:9 (New American Standard Bible)
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

I know it is not as elaborate as the Churches requirements for membership but after all it is Scripture. By-laws and rules for a Church are a good thing but, when they supersede Scripture that is another thing all together. As for me I will stick with the Bible. Now if I want to join a civic club I will do all that is required to achieve and maintain my membership but if I want to join the Kingdom of God I will simply do as this song says....I will lift my eyes to heaven and the one who gave His Life for mine,confess Him and know in my heart that He Alone is my Lord. I pray for you on your journey...pray for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtAjrNqEsoM&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment