Friday, May 22, 2009

Forgive Me as I Forgive Others


Luke 6:37 (New Living Translation)
Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven.
Don't read the title of this devotion too fast. Go back and read it again. Forgive me as I forgive others. This implies that if I do not forgive others I will not be forgiven. The verse above from Luke does more than imply, it says clearly....If I do not forgive I will not be forgiven. So, the only way you can have an unforgiving spirit is to be perfect and since the Bible says no one is perfect then no one can afford an unforgiving spirit. Notice it does not say it is OK to hold a grudge if the person did you wrong. No many of us have been treated poorly at different times. What about Jesus on the cross, what did He do wrong, and yet, one of His last prayers was for forgiveness for those who were crucifying Him. I am not saying you have to be best friends with the person. I am saying whatever it is we are harboring it hurts us much worse than them. Let it go. Forgive them and move on. Your load will be lighter and your day will be brighter,trust me on this. Click on the Link Below. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment