Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Live the Good Life


Philippians 4:11-12 (New International Version)
11I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
Carol and I thought we would include a picture of our summer home in Newport....just kidding. So, what does it mean to live the
"Good Life"? I suppose it means different things to different people. What does it mean to you? Many would say it involves money but we all know people who have money and yet are not happy or content. I don't think it involves possessions, position, or even popularity. I think it goes much deeper than that. Real contentment does not seem to depend on what we have or do not have. In the end I believe the Good Life is a life well lived. Know God and follow His leadership for your life. Choose a good attitude each day, make a positive difference in the lives of others, and take time to enjoy God's creation. Avoid materialism and the love of money. Steer clear of negative people. Do something fun each day with people you love. Read a good book, go see movie, plan a trip. Bessie Anderson Stanley said, "He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often, and loved much." It is never too late to become who you were meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment