Monday, August 17, 2009

It's All About Trust


Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. 6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
Years ago I actually had the opportunity to walk on a real tightrope 40 feet above the ground, with NO net. It was at Circus World in Orlando Florida. They would let volunteers try it and friends of mine volunteered me. (Some friends) Now I know you think I am joking but I am not, I actually walked across it. However there is an important detail you need to know. I had a safety harness on and two people holding the rope to it below. So even though I was 40 feet up with no net I had someone holding on to me. It was all about trust. Did I trust these people not to let to let go. We often find ourselves in similar positions. We are walking a balancing act in life sometimes and the way gets very scary and narrow. But, in those times it is reassuring to know that GOD is holding on to us and He will not let you go. So, no matter how tense the situation is today just remember you are in good hands....with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment