Monday, August 24, 2009

Where Do We Run For Help?


Psalm 17:7-8
Show your wonderful love.
Your mighty arm protects those
who run to you
for safety
from their enemies.
Protect me as you would
your very own eyes;
hide me in the shadow
of your wings.
Years ago if people needed shelter from an enemy or protection from those seeking revenge they would run to a castle, much like the one pictured here. They would ask the King to use his resources, power and influence to protect them. We too have a King who will protect us. He is not just any King, He is the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords. Many say I can not see Him how do I know He is real? After WWII some soldiers were going through a concentration camp and found this inscription on the wall.
" I believe in the sun, even when it is not shining.
I believe in Love, even when I can't feel it.
And, I believe in God, even when he is silent."
So, if you are struggling today and need help, or feel as though you are in a storm and need shelter, seek God. You don't have to look too far, he is closer than your next breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment