Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Where is Your Treasure?


Matthew 16:26 (New American Standard Bible)
26"For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?
People spend their whole life trying to accumulate wealth. The more they have the more they want. In the end you can not take it with you. In 30 years of ministry I have stood beside the bed of many people who were in their last hours of life. never once did I hear one of them say, "I wish I would have worked a little harder, spent more time at the office, made more money." I have heard many people say, " I wish I had spent more time with my family, or traveled more, enjoyed life, served God." At that point it is impossible to change the past but today you can change the future. As we have seen recently things you work so hard for can disappear over night. The real treasure is a relationship with God, spending time with your family, and having a few really good friends who love you for who you are not what you can do for them. If you are going to spend then spend time with family and friends and building your relationship with God. If you are going to invest then invest in your Eternal future and not this temporary existence. I promise it will pay very big dividends

No comments:

Post a Comment