Wednesday, November 25, 2009

One Step at a Time


Romans 5:3
And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance;
Both of my daughters took dance growing up. But my youngest got very interested in Point. This is where you have to raise yourself up on your toes and dance on them. Who came up with this torture I have no idea but in order to do it, it requires hours and hours of practice. I remember her taking off her shoes crying and her toes would be bleeding. Then she would tape them up and put the shoes on and practice some more. Perseverance. God encourages us to persevere through trials and troubles. Never give up. If you fall down, get up. If you make a mistake ask for forgiveness and move on. If you do not succeed the first time, try again. The race does not always go to the swift but to the one who keeps on going when everyone else drops out. Remember it is always too soon to quit. The first link is a video I hope everyone watches. The second link is a youtube video by Lee Ann Womack. It is not necessarily a Christian song but a song that encouraged me when I was going through a very difficult time. If you don't like country music don't listen to it. I think the song contains a powerful message. Have a great Thanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment