Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentine Day


James 1:27
Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.
I remember one Valentines Day visiting a shut-in elderly lady. When I went in she had a deflated Valentine balloon proudly displayed on a chair. I mentioned it and asked who had brought the balloon to her for Valentines Day. She said, "Oh no this is from last year." She had taken the balloon folded and stored it and brought it back out to remember that someone loved her. We will be hurrying around to buy flowers and gifts for those we love. But, if you really want to make a difference in someones life this year go and visit someone who is a shut-in, or in a nursing home, or hospital. You will not only make their day but maybe their year. If you don't know someone contact me and I can help you. Happy Valentines Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment