Saturday, March 13, 2010

By Your Side



It's easy to search for love and acceptance in all of the wrong places. As a college student, I get discouraged over insignificant things. A low test grade can turn a good day into an awful one, simply because it makes me feel as if I failed at something important. School is an aspect of my life that defines me. An argument with a friend or family member has the same negative effect. The people in my life define me. The idea of being single and "lonely" can also get a 19 year old down in the dumps. Significant others and my relationship status define me. The things that define us give us praise, love, and joy, but they can also let us down. My faith in God is another aspect of my life that defines me. However, God NEVER lets me down. He is ENOUGH for all of our hopes, dreams, and desires. We do not have to "earn grace." It is given to us by the One who created us and saved us. God is beside us in all of those moments we are afraid, lost, confused, and in need of a friend. That should make every day a good day!:)

-Olivia Morgan Shipp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8eUjk0ECZY&feature=related

2 Corinthians 12:9
And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness " Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment